Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Jobens















Home away from home. I spent last week with a fun little fam I like to call the Jobens. Also known as Lulu, Chuck Deisel, Nickitynangle, Kyky the Clown, Ryry, and D-Rock. I may have made some of those up. I did not make up the absolute JOY of spending Thanksgiving with this lovely group of people.

Here is a list (not exhaustive) of why I love the Jobens:

1) The laughing - I am constantly laughing when I am with the Jobens- whether it's because Kyle just smashed a bag of Nicole's chips in front of her, Lulu just riled Tucker up and then called him something regal, Ryan put on a dance performance (along with the DDC), Charlie made an ugly pose, or Derek competed with himself to finish a meal. It's the most funniest time ever.






2) The animals - Cooper, Tucker, Sassy, Ivory & Spooky - they are the best.

3) The competitions - I thoroughly enjoyed the one where we all had to make the weirdest noise or maybe it was just an animal noise - I don't know but all of the sounds were amazing. Also I enjoyed when we played Scattegories and people were yelling across the room - it was fantastic.

4) The snack drawer - Always stocked with the tastiest trendiest snacks - mmm, delicious.

5) The bonus room - From a fridge stocked with drinks to the softest couch in the world to the ginormous TV, this is a room I like - there's always fun things happening in that room too.

6) Shopping with Lulu- It's nice to know that even though Nicole didn't inherit her mom's fashion sense, I can power shop with Lulu and receive great advice.

7) Sports - I actually love watching sports, but I don't have people around me who do most of the time. It's nice to be inundated with sports while at the Jobens - from tv sports to school team sports to live action in the living room sports. It's a good time.

8) Visiting the magic of Puyallup. They have a new Target - it's pretty amazing. Also, I like to see Mt. Ranier everytime we leave the house. "Hi Purple Mountain Majesty"

9) Just being. Sometimes it's nice to just be somewhere and not have any expectations - I mostly feel that way while at the Jobens

10) Crazy times - With a family of six, five pets, and a family of six's friends, things get crazy sometimes. But I think I like that because there's so much life - it's like a life explosion and THAT is exciting.

1 comment:

Nicole Kristine said...

Excellent, minus the inappropriate stabs you took at me during this entry.