Friday, March 28, 2008

The Server Rules my Life


So the thing about working in an office is that you are highly dependent on technology - the copiers, printers, computers, brochure folder, etc. When one piece of machinery breaks down, it's like a part of my life is stunted. Well, today I walk into work and the server is down (the system is down, the system is down --strongbad anyone?). Let's talk about the server. It (he?) is pretty much the most important employee in the office. Without him, we cannot use the internet, we cannot access our transfer files (which is where almost all of my stuff is), we cannot access our email, we are pretty much useless. The server brings wholeness to the organization. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the social time that commenced in light of the circumstances, and I have to say my desk looks awesome! because of all the time I had to rearrange and clean things, but I felt a little helpless while Mr. Server was out of service. Luckily, about an hour after I got to work, ol' Server was back in business. The world is right again...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wait until the power goes out. Then you'll get nothing done and feel kind of bad for chatting with people or leaving to go to eat/coffee/home.

...but it is still fun. I think I annoyed people because we laughed so much and they wanted to work.

Nicole Kristine said...

Update your blog.